Friday, February 27, 2009
AFV: a VERY Talkative Baby 12 Months Old! - Click here for another funny movie.
I promise I will post some videos of Olivia this weekend! My friend saw this and it had me cracking up so I had to share it! Look how she really thinks she is talking to them like they have a clue what she is saying! I love it!
Monday, February 23, 2009
1. What age did you/your child start getting bronchoscopies?
2. How often do you get them done?
Olivia had her first bronch done in October when she was 7 1/2 months old. Her doctors wanted to do it because she had been fighting off a respiratory infection for two months. The mucous that they cleaned out of her lungs didn't grow anything abnormal, but they were surprised by the amount of mucous because her lungs sounded so clear. They told us to schedule her next one during the summer so that when she starts school (in about 4 years) her YEARLY BRONCH won't interfere.
- I had a textbook pregnancy while carrying Olivia. I gained a good amount of weight, but the doctors weren't concerned. I declined getting tested for CF because no one on either side of the family had it and Chris and I honestly knew nothing about it. I'm still okay with my decision to not get tested because it would have caused me to be stressed out for the duration of pregnancy since we had no clue what to expect.
- Olivia was born on March 10, 2008 at 5:28 pm via cesarean. I was induced, but never got past 1 cm dilation. She was 9 lbs 3oz and 21 inches long.
- Olivia was moved to the NICU on March 11 for meconium ileus.
- About 3 days in, they told us that she most likely had Hirschsprung's Disease or Cystic Fibrosis (for those who aren't already experts). They felt like it was probably Hirschsprung's and we just hoped and prayed that it wasn't.
- After she passed the meconium her weight was 7lbs 14 oz.
- She was sent home with us on March 23 - Easter Sunday.
- We struggled with feedings and weight for the first 2-3 weeks. I was breastfeeding her and her hunger was never satisfied. She would feed 17 times a day (no joke) sometimes for an hour and a half (so raw!!).
- She had a prolapsed rectum for the first month whenever she would have a bowel movement. It hasn't shown it's ugly "face" in a while.
- She was deemed as "Failure to Thrive" and they did her sweat test on April 9. On April 11, her pediatrician called us with the news that Olivia had CF (delta F508 and 3859 delta C). They immediately put her Pancrecarb and she finally got full!!
- She has monthly Clinic appointments and is currently getting monthly RSV shots.
- She was hospitalized in October for 6 days. She had an upper respiratory infection that wouldn't go away.
- She had her first bronchoscopy on October 28 and then had her first PICC line placed on October 29. She was such a trooper through it all. Her next bronch will be done over the summer.
- She got Salmonella poisoning over Christmas.
- In the past year she has been on the following antibiotics: Cipro (once), Bactrim (three times), Augmentin (once) and Rocephin (via PICC line).
- Her current meds are listed on the sidebar (like always).
- She will be celebrating her First Birthday soon and I'm planning a big hoopla for her!
I hope you all had a great weekend and a great week ahead of you!!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Does anyone have any info about what this might mean? What could E. Coli cause/lead to? Do I need to be worried?
I just want the doctor to call me and fill me in.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
She was being so funny with her Laugh and Learn Home, but I knew that if I went and got the camera I would miss it. My cell phone was there so I grabbed it, which explains the quality.
**Some of these videos are put up for "scrapbooking" purposes for Olivia and also so that our families can see what she's up to. Non-family members probably don't find all the videos that entertaining.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
This is an oldie, but GREATIE!! This one the first time I captured Olivia's smile on film (April 2008). It always makes me smile!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Did you guys have problems with your child(ren) eating vegetables (and sometimes fruit)? What did you guys do for vegetables/fruits when your kids started with table food? I think it's a texture/independence thing.