Friday, October 28, 2011

Soooo yummy!

I was told by my friend, Mike, that his wife, Krisa, makes a-MAZ-ing Parmesan Alfredo so I asked to acquire this tasty recipe from the lovely Krisa.  He speaketh the truth! 

Krisa's Parmesan Alfredo
-1 pint of heavy whipping cream
-1 stick of butter
-1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
-Pepper to taste (optional)

Heat the cream and add stick of softened butter (I missed seeing the word "softened" and it came out fine).  Whisk gently to melt.  Sprinkle in the cheese and stir continuously. Add more or less cheese to thicken or thin the sauce (I used 1 1/2 cup of cheese).

I made a few alterations to the recipe.  I cooked a few strips of bacon that I had cut into pieces and removed it once cooked.  Then I followed the above directions, but added some garlic (or garlic powder).  I don't know how much I used or how much Olivia added in.  Once it was all good and melted, I threw in about a pound of shrimp and the bacon.  Once the shrimp was cooked, I added in the cooked pasta and mixed it all together. 

When the cooking was done, Olivia stopped playing, looked at it and proclaimed, "Mommy, that dinner you made looks yummy." 

And let me tell you....It was!!


I haven't done the calculations yet, but I think its safe to say that this was a fattening (and worth it) recipe!

No comments: