Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Sorry she looks a little sad in the picture - she's just sleepy.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Keep her in your prayers tonight!
I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but Olivia had been coughing so much she popped some blood vessels in the inner corner of her eye (at least, that's what the doctor said caused it).
For those of you wondering why they can't do the PICC line and bronchoscopy in the same procedure or one thw same day, here's your answer. With her being so little, young and never had a PICC line before, they wanted to do her PICC in a separate procedure in Radiology. They would inject and isotope to "map" her veins and the PICC line nurse would know exactly where to go. This would eliminate the chances af having to try multiple times. The line will start right below or above her elbow travel up and around her shoulder and stop just above her heart, so it's quite long. She can have the line placed while she's getting her bronchoscopy, but as I said they might have to try a couple of times and each time they have to try they lose that vein. We were given the choice and chose two separate procedures to make sure everything would be great with the line since it wiill be in for two weeks.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Quick note, we have to pay $30 every shot (once a month for 6 months) as our copay. If insurance didn't cover the shots, each shot would be $800-$1000!!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
We had Clinic today and it was pretty much all good news.
- Her lungs still sound good and clear. This was fantastic to hear since she has started coughing more frequently.
- They prescribed Nasacort for her sinus congestion that she's had for almost a month now. Hopefully that will help get the snot out so she can breath a little easier (especially when eating and sleeping)
- They want us to decrease her Miralax from 3 tsp/day to 2 tsp/day since they think her constipation is under control. This was good news since she has had a lot of blowouts lately!
- The only change to her feeding is that now we are supposed to give her 2-4 oz of Pedialyte every day (for extra fluid and the salt in it). For her weight, she should be taking in 27 oz of fluid per day and she takes in 24 oz of formula. I was giving her 2-4 oz of water and juice mixture.
- Chris and I are supposed to start discussing when we want her bronchoscopy to be done (http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/bronchoscopy-16978). She is supposed to have her first done sometime between 6 and 12 months and then she will have it done every year from then on. They said if they find bacteria in lungs (which is likely) it will probably be treatable with antibiotice for the first 2 years and then after that she will have to be on an IV for 2 weeks.
- The most exciting thing that came from clinic was her the change in her BMI.... 28%!!! She was at 17% at her last clinic so they were very pleased with that! Ultimately they would like her at 50%, but this is great progress in a little over 2 months - she was at 3% in August. (Current weight 16 lbs 2 oz. and length 26.5 in.)
Now she gets to play and hang out with Mommy and Daddy for the rest of the day. It is a good day.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Please take a moment and send warm thoughts and prayers to Nate, Tricia and Gwyneth!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Look at Olivia sitting up all by herself! I love when I ask her, "who's the prettiest baby in the world?" and she thinks about it for a second and then raises her hand.
Can you tell that I'm going to be one of those mom's that talks about her kid incessantly to anyone that will listen.