We had Clinic today and it was pretty much all good news.
- Her lungs still sound good and clear. This was fantastic to hear since she has started coughing more frequently.
- They prescribed Nasacort for her sinus congestion that she's had for almost a month now. Hopefully that will help get the snot out so she can breath a little easier (especially when eating and sleeping)
- They want us to decrease her Miralax from 3 tsp/day to 2 tsp/day since they think her constipation is under control. This was good news since she has had a lot of blowouts lately!
- The only change to her feeding is that now we are supposed to give her 2-4 oz of Pedialyte every day (for extra fluid and the salt in it). For her weight, she should be taking in 27 oz of fluid per day and she takes in 24 oz of formula. I was giving her 2-4 oz of water and juice mixture.
- Chris and I are supposed to start discussing when we want her bronchoscopy to be done (http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/bronchoscopy-16978). She is supposed to have her first done sometime between 6 and 12 months and then she will have it done every year from then on. They said if they find bacteria in lungs (which is likely) it will probably be treatable with antibiotice for the first 2 years and then after that she will have to be on an IV for 2 weeks.
- The most exciting thing that came from clinic was her the change in her BMI.... 28%!!! She was at 17% at her last clinic so they were very pleased with that! Ultimately they would like her at 50%, but this is great progress in a little over 2 months - she was at 3% in August. (Current weight 16 lbs 2 oz. and length 26.5 in.)
Now she gets to play and hang out with Mommy and Daddy for the rest of the day. It is a good day.