- Her O2 saturation was 100% again.
- She weighs 25 pounds (47th percentile) and is 33.5 inches tall (82nd percentile). I don't know what that makes her height/weight ratio - they have been happy enough the last two appointments that we didn't even meet with her Nutritionist.
- Also, because of her being so good and healthy we didn't have to meet with Respiratory Therapist (but she stopped to make sure we were good on supplies) or her Physical Therapist.
- The doctor listened to her lungs and said they sound really good and that she's a "really good breather".
- Her doctor also talked to us about some really exciting drugs in the pipeline for CF'ers. We talked a bit about VX-809 and how when it becomes available in a few years will correct the basic defect. People in the trial for it re-took the Sweat Test and it came back negative. I find this to be completely encouraging and warms my heart more than I can say!
- She will most likely not be getting the Synagis shots (for RSV) this year even though she will be under 2-years-old during RSV season because he feels she is doing well enough that it isn't mandatory.
- She has had some issues lately with constipation and diarrhea because of antibiotics so I've been monitoring her Miralax and deciding day-by-day how much she needs and he thought I was doing quite well with that. The better things go in Poopytown mean the better she will do with her Prevacid, enzyme and food absorption which effect her overall health and growth.
- He added Zithromax to her medication list to act as an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Clinic Update - November
Olivia had a great Clinic today!