Saturday, May 16, 2009

Great Strides!

Yahoo, it didn't rain out our walk!!  We raised over $90,000 at the Knoxville walk - Olivia's Outlaws raised more than $3,000 (not bad for first-timers)!!  Congressman John Duncan was there offering support.  Calhoun's catered the event, we had live music, antique European cars, gymnasts, face painting, Home Depot did a kid's workshop and yummy Krispy Kreme donuts! Then a young woman came up and made a speech followed by a poem she wrote about living life with CF.  It had me in tears.  She is 28 years old, a mother of two and had her lung transplant last year - so inspirational.  I attempted to tell her how much I was moved by her speech and poem , but ended crying like a big baby and having her console me...I'm too cool.

I am so proud of my team and thank them all from the bottom of my heart.  Their contribution of money and time means more than I could ever put into words.  I kept forgetting that I had my camera so, hopefully, other people from my time will send me pictures to post. Go Olivia's Outlaws - you guys ROCK!!  




No comments: