Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm so angry!!

I read a few weeks ago on Lil Chris's blog that the WeeCare program was going to possibly get cancelled. They supply Olivia with her Creon 5 and Vitamax (3 months at a time) for free until she's 3 years old. I called Clinic to have them call in the change to Olivia's precription (to change it from 3 to 4 before meals). When I went online to check, it showed her prescription was for qty. 360 of Creon 6. I was confused by the quantity and change of formula, so I called Clinic and they were going to call CF Services Pharmacy to correct the amount. Well, I am now getting another 720 - which brings us to 1080, just a little shy of the necessary 2160...Ok, moving on. So I called CF Services Pharmacy to inquire why a bill was sent with the order and the woman informed me that the WeeCare program was cancelled on June 31, 2009!! I asked why I didn't receive notification and she said that I did. Wouldn't I know if I received notification? She said it probably went into my Junk folder. I told her again that I received no notification and that I frequently check that folder. She asked for my e-mail address to check to see if it was on the list. Lo and behold, we weren't on the list. If I had known it was going to be cancelled, I would've placed an order on June 30 or ordered it through Medco (our mail order prescription company) which is WAY cheaper. CF Services will charge $100 for 1 month and Medco will charge $200 for 3 months.

Do you guys ever feel like your drowning?
Update: The price I gave above is our co-pay price. I read on CF Services Pharmacy website that each Creon 6 pill is $0.83 and she takes 20 pills a day so (at $16.60/day or $498/month) I should be rejoicing in that fact that we have insurance and only have to pay the co-pay.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm sorry you had to deal with all that. Your insurance doesn't cover it? We only have to pay a small co-pay.

Katelyn said...

Yes, I sometimes do feel like I'm drowning and I hate to be honest, but that feeling will re-emerge time after time. After a day like that, which I had about three weeks ago, I go out and eat a ton of mexican food because in my mind, that helps me solve every problem in the world.

I'm sorry that was so stressful for you.

Lovin Lane said...

Gosh that is really stressful... I also know that all these drugs are so expensive and sometimes it is really hard to even rejoice over only making a co-payment... some dont realize how fast co-payments can add up.... Sorry you had a bad day...