Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Angel Oak

For the week of July 4th, my brother in law and family came to visit.  We had a lot of fun (and good food).  We went to Angel Oak and the park and beach which will be a separate post.  It was CRAZY hot outside so we are going to be flushed and/or sweaty in all of these pics.  Here is a little Angel Oak info before I get into the pictures.  

It is a Southern live oak tree that is estimated to be in excess of 1500 years old, stands 66.5 ft (20 m) tall, measures 28 ft (8.5 m) in circumference, and produces shade that covers 17,200 square feet (1,600 m2). From tip to tip Its longest branch distance is 187 ft.  The Angel Oak Tree is thought to be one of the oldest living things in the country.  

Olivia loves nature!!  She likes to hug trees for pictures.  She was actually re-enacting the scene from The Last Unicorn when Schmendrick the Magician is tied to a tree that becomes a very well-bossomed older lady. "Oh, I love you!"

Behold, the mighty and majestic Angel Oak 

 This is my dork-in-law, I mean, brother-in-law.  Sorry Chad, the keys were...um...moving on.  
Here is Chad and my nephew Colin.
 Chris and I being photographed by Olivia.  It's almost scary at how good she is at this age.
 All the ladies...I need to remember to not stand in between two tan and physically fit people....EVER!
 My pretty girl.  
 Here is Lauren (my sister-in-law).  I won't be making fun of her at all because she is a CrossFit Titan and could kick my butt with her pinky toe.  (This picture was also taken by Olivia)
Olivia demonstrating some more nature love.
 Olivia took the next five photos.  
We call the first "Salt Water Still Life".
  "Key Lime Cookie Conundrum"
The Crazed (me), the Cute (my niece Ella Jane) and the hedgehogs
Chad and Dad
 My other niece, Caylin.
This is a lovely series of photos by my husband.  We start off nice and sweet...
 and then the faces begin...
  I act like a silly opera singer and she thinks I'm...well, just look at her face.
 It's cute when she does it though.
 "I don't know.  Why did the chicken cross the road?"
 We shall end the series with a lovely shot.  Feel free to make this the wallpaper on your smartphones and computers.  
 Now, it is my turn...Nice and sweet.
 Olivia is unaware that she is sitting next to...CRAZY DADDY!!!
 Apparently the "opera singer" face is popular in our home.
 I guess it was snack time.  You don't get in Chris's way when he's hangry (a state of anger caused by lack of food).
He has been fed and "looks" calm and sane....Olivia, not so much.

No comments: