Friday, March 16, 2012

Magnolia Plantation and Gardens

Olivia wanted to go to a park (as in a playground) so I googled to find a nearby park.  It sent us to Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, not what Olivia was originally looking for but we had a great time.  I will be added it to my list of places to bring visitors (they have nature and history tours).  Added bonus is that it's only 20 minutes from our house.  Next time, I'm bringing my real camera and not using my iphone.

As we were driving through the parking lot, I saw a peacock walking around.  Totally random and unexpected.  I don't think I've seen a peacock other than in a cage at the zoo.
Posing with daddy (and being blinded by the sun).
Me and my girl.
Drayton family home.
A neat-o bridge (complete with mirror reflection) right by the house.
Olivia and daddy checking out the mini horses...true mini horses (not the mini donkeys that I tried to make feel better in a previous post by calling them horses).


She's calling one of the horses over.  He didn't come.  He stayed with the food.
Then we went into the "zoo" and fed all the animals.  Olivia's favorite were the geese.  They were the most numerous and most interested in getting fed by people.



Another peacock.
Seeing this peacock fly up the fence was weird.  I don't know why, but it never occurred to me that they could fly due to the length of the tail.
Trying to feed a baby deer.
Golden Fancy Pheasant.  This bird was super colorful!
Olivia walked up to the bunny cage and held up Bunbun (stuffed bunny) and said in a high-pitched voice "Hi! I'm your mommy!"  
Hi, Mr. Deer.
WAAASSSSSUUUUUP!
Albino peacock.  I'm obviously completely clueless about birds because I had never heard of one before.
This goose came up and just stared at me.  It was a little disconcerting, but he was cute.
Again, vying for the affection of a deer.  
There were tons of orchids in this arboretum area.  

No comments: